Monday, January 7, 2013

Call upon HIM who will give you rest

To give yourself to the Lord can be hard if you have never had a personal relationship. Even if you have never had a personal relationship with our Lord and Saviour you can! Growing up learning Rote prayers such as the Our Father and Hail Mary and others such information were pertinent to growing to understand the Catholic church. However, with all the information taught to me it was not directly giving me a deep intimate loving relationship with our father. For me personally growing in relationship with our Lord comes with practicing guided meditations. My heart/mind was guided to me being a small child with our Lord. We were on the beach playing on the beach. He swung me around, and He helped me build a beautiful sandcastle. After a while we sat down together, and I just melted in to his arms. When I woke to reality my heart felt as peace and knew my heavenly father touched me with his love.

We may feel this is impossible because we have places in our hearts we find disgusting or humiliating. As St. Francis embraced the leper, we can the Lord embrace the brokenness in Us!! HE can show us Love! Perhaps you can picture yourself sitting on the beach with our Lord, or a bench. Just let yourself have a conversation with Him. It only takes two words "I accept"!

No comments:

Post a Comment